Post Info App ⇒ Download
Postinfo – Department Posts Android Mobile Application of Department of Posts developed by Centre for Excellence in Postal Technology.
The app provides the following facilities;
2) Post office search
3) Postage Calculator
4) Insurance premium calculator
5) Interest calculator
Brief description of each facility is given below;
The tracking facility is made available on this mobile app for the following types of mail items.
• Speed Post • Registered Letter • Insured Letter
• Value Payable Letter • Insured Value Payable Letter • Registered Packets
• Registered Periodicals • Registered Parcel • Insured Parcel
• Value Payable Parcel • Insured Value Payable Parcel • Business Parcel
• Business Parcel COD • Express Parcel • Express Parcel COD
• Electronic Money Order (e-MO)
The app will calculate the Postage (tariff) based on the weight entered by the user for the following items..
• Ordinary letter • Speed post Domestic *
• Registered letter • Ordinary Parcel
• Registered Parcel • Registered book packet
• Registered book packet containing Printed books • Ordinary Registered book packet
• Ordinary book packet containing Printed books • Book packet containing periodicals
• Book packet containing Registered News papers
• *Domestic Speed Post Tariff depends on distance between place of origin and destination.
• Based on tariff there are 5 slabs of tariff viz. local, up to 200 KM, 201 to 1000 KM, and 1001 to 2000KM and above 2000KM. The calculator shows the tariff for all categories)
The Department is offering various types of Life Insurance Policies through Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance. The users can check the premium payable for all the eligible types of Postal /Rural Postal Life insurance Policies on the basis of the input entered.
Post office is offering different types of Small Savings Schemes as mentioned below:
- Sukanya Samriddhi yojaana
- Recurring Deposit
- Time Deposit (1 year, 2 year, 3 year and 5 year)
- Monthly Income Scheme
- Public Provident Fund
- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme
- National Savings Certificate
- Kisan Vikas Patra